Thursday, December 5, 2013

I LOVE . . .

We've been working on poems that have rhythm and rhyme, alliteration and humour. Today the whole class worked together in buddies on a collaborative Kotuku class poem.  Here's the result.

I LOVE . . .



I love the feel of cool slimy glue,
alpacas, budgies, sloths and shrews.


I love skiing down a slippery slope
and peeing with Mr Antelope.


I love that weird mood where everything’s funny,
when the ice cream is hard and the chocolate is runny.


I love it when Eylish screams at a spider,
And guzzling gallons of sweet berry cider.


I love the roar of a revving-up plane,
a platypus, a teddy, a thundering train.


A flash of lightning in thunderstorms,
crisp, chicken sushi without the prawns.


I love to watch a comedy movie,
a present, a coke and a chocolate smoothie.  


I love to swim in smooth seas when it's sunny,
and slurping down slushies that cost lots of money.      


I love the ponies that eat golden hay,
and I love the traditional, hot Christmas day.


I’d love to see something that looks like a seal,
a onesie, a beaver, a spectacular meal.


I love jumping off Mapua Wharf
on a sunny, hot day with my friend-the dwarf.


I love the sound of drizzling rain
when I’m brushing my horse’s thick, jagged mane.


I love the taste of pan-fried bacon,
and showing my teachers they are mistaken.


I love lawn mowers that cut clean, green lines
and the scent of breathtaking, evergreen pines.


I love the taste of the blue salty sea,
a coke, L & P, and a glass of iced tea.


These are the things that mean lots to us
Writing this poem was not really a fuss.

1 comment:

Justin Neal said...

These are great, and you guys stuck at it and had success in the end. Well done.