Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Grandads Farewell

It was a seriously sad but sunny day in Rotorua. The urge of crying came closer as every second passed.

A few weeks ago me and my family flew up to the north island, because my grandad was in a very critical condition, he only had 2 months to live. It was a long flight but the thought of driving two hours after that in a car was worse. Eventually we arrived to see my Nana come out of the bright flower curtains with her face held high to greet us. We walk peacefully into the warm comforting lounge to see my grandad eating a peace of rose red water Mellon. You could not even notice he was about to die.

Before we new it he was gone and we were entering the church with tight hearts, sore eyes and loving memory's. Then suddenly the image of him in the hospice bed panting like a fire breathing dragon, mouth open wide and pale white skin, flys circling him like pray as his eyes stay firmly shut.
We sit in the seats at the church watching as all of the photos from grandads life pass even the horses he broke in by himself he also loved hunting, working with tractors and other machinery, he was a kind person and when you needed help he would always be there for you. That is my story of my beloved grandad.
by Tiarne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Sorry Tiarne...
I Still Feel sorry for you!
I hope you feel better!
From Ella

The Huxfords said...

We can relate to your loss Tiarne, grandparents are so special, they teach us so much over their lifetime. We hope you have lots of great memories.