Wednesday, July 3, 2013

CHARIOT RACER

HERE IS MY FIRST ANCIENT ROME TASK: A DIARY ENTRY FROM THE VIEWPOINT OF A CHARIOTEER (CHARIOT RACER)


I have my Grey pony, my Bay pony and my Black pony lining up for the races, I am on the blue team.
The magistrate signaled the start of the race with the drop of a white flag, my gate opens before me. My horses automatically Gallop ahead like I am not even there, THE RACE IS ON.....
I hear the crown going wild, Titus's Triumphal Arch shimmers in the daylight in front of me. I race past the Spina and get overtaken by a man from the green team, I whip my horses with my leather whip and I surge them forward - The charioteer from the green team curses and swears at me! I keep my spirits up because I am in the lead!
I glance Behind me as I hear screeches and whinny's from the horses behind me, A disaster has struck on the hairpin corner as a charioteer goes flying through the air, their horses kept running and all was frightening! Blood on the road!
By Ella.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Ella! It's Ella here and You really did a great job writing it, i think you would make a great chariot racer. GO ELLA!

Mahana Kotuku said...

Vivid images here Ella, and it's evident that you've done some interesting research too. Great effort. Remember to proofread your work carefully. Looking forward to the next instalment!