Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Memory

On a rare sunny Greymouth day, our family was on the way to the Airport. We were on our way to AUSTRALIA!!.

When we were there we went to Australia Zoo. I remember the time distinctly, it was a piping hot day and we were watching some green and crimson parrots. They screeched and squarked like an out of time orchestra, while they danced gracefully in the air, and dad was lucky enough to feed them!
I watched in amazement as the plates of food dad was holding became engulfed in a swarm of hungry beaks . But one of them wasn't interested in food, instead it came over to me.

 At the time I was relaxing in my buggy wearing my favorite lime green hat. The bird swooped down like an eagle targeting its prey, it latched on to my hat, claw digging into my scalp, "AAHHHHH!" I squealed scaring the bird, making it flutter away to its other feathered friends.

I remember that time so vividly even though it was 8 years ago.

No comments: