Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Tranquility

Tranquility

The sunlight flitters through the trees leaving warm shapes dancing on my skin.
The damp dirt of the path sticks to my bare feet.
The warmth & dryness surrounds me as I step forth from the forest, into the light of the clearing & the blue, blue lake.
I climb the rock that leans over the lake, & poise on the edge.
I watch as the sun sets, & when the moon light hits the lake, I leap , arching my back, extending my arms like I am flying.

And for a moment I am.

Then I break the surface of the lake,
gliding under the water,
as warm as the air above,
& just as welcoming.

Tranquility.

By Sapphira Harrington


4 comments:

Whaea Jane said...

I like. Enough said.

Mahana Kotuku said...

me likey likey
lottie

Mahana Kotuku said...

did you like belly flop on the water?
its really cool and feeels like you are there at the momento. i wish i could write like you. but i never will

Anonymous said...

Sapphira this is amazing writing. It makes me want to be there standing on that rock, poised to dive. Well done!

Sandra