Wednesday, April 10, 2013

ART

I painted this picture at the school holiday program with Helena. We got the ideas from post cards and greeting cards. Using oil paints we mixed them together to create the colours we needed for the landscape.

We made an orange wash to spread over the canvas, then added on the water, sky, sand and mountains. My favourite part on the painting is the grass. To make this grass Helena gave me a brush that looked like a fan. I mixed five different types of green and yellow to make the colour of the grass that is on this picture.

by Eylish

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Eylish - the detail in your painting is beautiful; awesome work.

Nettie said...

I love the way you have captured the colours perfectly! Well done Eylish

Whaea Jane said...

Eylish, this is a great painting, one to be proud of! Good skills! Well done.

Anonymous said...

I could never have the imagination to do that! my hand wobbles too much