Monday, March 18, 2013

My aunties wedding is my clearest memory.....



I remember the day I pulled on the light blue dress on that cloudy, dark morning. A nice cheerful lady put my make-up on, that took about ten minutes. After ten minutes a cheerful man did my hair, I didn't really like it but I didn't care.
The wedding was on the beach, when the ceremony started I got stared at walking down to the beach. When  I watched my aunty walk down the isle, she was beautiful, my uncle was so handsome!
it was a long time to wait, Heidi and my cousins were being rude and playing with the sand and shells.
 After the ceremony we waited a bit then we had a big banquet of dinner, it was so good! after our tummies settled we lied under the speakers and danced to some music with my aunties and the guests.
The cake had three layers and it was grey, white,  blue,  green and brown, well, actually the icing was white and these little yummy ball things made of icing were the other colors I just mentioned.

There were lollies too they were green and white they said:
Emily
Mike

They were really sticky and delicious!
when it got late and dark we played in the tents and then my uncle made a speech. the time came for Heidi and I to go back up to the bach to bed while everyone else partied somemore.

In the morning everyone was tired but I decided it was totally worth it, I will always remember that day!
                                                         by Ella.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a clear memory, that was over 2 years ago. Good writing Elz, love Mum

Mahana Kotuku said...

wow you described that one well