Experimenting with Photopeach on PhotoPeach
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Monday, May 28, 2012
Friday, May 25, 2012
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
science-hot air balloons
- Cut 1 square for the top and 4 rectangles for the sides.
- Glue the sides to the square in the middle like in photo 1.
- put a pillow on your head and carefully place the hot air balloon on the pillow and glue the sides together like in photo 4.
- Get 4 straws and glue two straws and and do the same with the other straws and then glue them in a cross.
- Get 4 party candles and chop them in half so now you have 8 small candles.
- cut a 8cm x 8cm piece of tin foil and melt the candles on to the tin foil.
- Then glue the tin foil to the straws and tape the straws to the balloon.
- its optional if you want to add string so it doesn't fly away.
- then lite the candle and let them heat up and they should fly.
By Leah and Hunter
For the past two days, Kotuku class has been trying to build working Hot Air Balloons. Last week's attempt produced some Hindenburg reenactments, but this week, using lighter material and more heat, it will hopefully work. Our balloon has been christened the Lacerator and is made of a combination of tissue paper, straws, tin foil and candles, held together by sellotape and PVA glue. We are about to go outside and attempt to make the Lacerator fly!
To Be Continued...
To Be Continued...
In kotuku we are making hot air balloons. Our group's balloon is a bit behind in progress but it's good. Today we're launching the balloons and doing last minute maintenance to them. There are 5 groups. My group is Orion, Jed, Meila and me.
This week we have been making hot air ballons we have to take our time Mr Neal says we have to work fast but carefully .If there is one little hole he says we have to fix it up and fast and then get back on track. it takes about two days to get it done. Mr Neal said when we get it done we can let them go on the 14th of may Mr Neal let is air ballon go and then one second later it had caught on fire