Friday, November 4, 2011

ROCKFEST 2011

Tuesday the 1st of November our class went to the Primary School Rock fest in Stoke. When we arrived there were 12 other schools waiting in the hall listening to the music. Most of the class were starting to get nervous, including me. We watched the first few bands, they were really good. But I thought we still had a really good chance.

After about 5 bands, it was lunchtime. We were getting closer and closer to our turn. After lunch we had one more band to go. Even though I wasn't in the band, I was still very worried. The time came finally and 13 kids slowly walked up to the stage and got ready. I stayed in the audience with our Mahana parents as we watched them play the three songs. By the end I was so happy I couldn't stop smiling. They did so well and Whaea Jane was so proud of the team.

Finally it was done we could relax now. All we had to do was watch and see who would win the black guitar. While the man was placing the numbered paper into the box, one piece blew out. The crowd went quiet and the man said, "Well, that must be it." He picked it up and said, "Mahana School". A huge cheer went up. It was so awesome. Tom went up to get the prize.

When we got back to school, we still couldn't believe it. Our first band from our school at the Stoke Rockfest and we had won this awesome guitar. AMAZING!!!

2 comments:

Whaea Jane said...

Amazing indeed. Loved your comment that you 'couldn't stop smiling'. I still feel that way!

Anonymous said...

Krystal!! What an awesome little reporter you are, lovely description of the day. Brought tears to my eyes! :o) Kylie