Thursday, November 3, 2011

Our Band Wet Cement

Yesterday at 9.30am on the first of November, Stoke School held a showcase for primary and intermediate bands called RockFest. Thirteen bands participated. In our band there was Hunter, Tom, Luke, Taylor, Lilly-Mae, Izzie, Harriet, Leah, Eylish, Safari, Sapphira, Josie and I. The three songs that we played were, "Rolling in the Deep by Adele", Bang, "Bang, Bang by Christina Perri" and "The New Divide by Linkin Park ".
Before we started I felt nervous and worried about making a mistake. When I got up there I felt a lot more relaxed and I could concentrate on my music. Once we started, we sounded great and we played together really well.
As part of the day, the top band in New Zealand The Peasents played for us in the 11am to 12am break. At the end of the day Music Planet donated thirteen fifty dollar Music Planet vouchers which each band received one of. Each of the bands were numbered from one to thirteen and went in the draw to win an electric guitar which was also donated by Music Planet. We were about to go home when they did the draw for the electric guitar and even better we won it.
So after a long day we all went home happy and proud.

1 comment:

Whaea Jane said...

I am so pleased you felt more relaxed once you were 'up there'. Great work Hannah!