Monday, November 7, 2011

Fashion Island Project Funway!

In the fist week of the holiday I entered a competition for Fashion Island, called 'Fashion Island Project Fun-way' We ( the people who entered ) had two weeks to make and design a outfit/dress using only 1 white sheet, you could die it, cut it , sew it, but only use buttons and zips for fastenings!

I made a pale turquoise knee length dress with big petals for the skirt dipped with ocean blue on the edges.With a shoulder strap bodice with flowers (white,ocean blue,turquoise) coming down the strap.
It was hard sewing the bodice and skirt together so mum had to help me a bit because it was a lot of fabric and I had to hand sew it.
It was fun to make though.

But guess what i came second and i had to model it on the runway(yuck)
I won $250 for coming second so it was definitely worth it!
I can't wit till next year!!

No comments: