Friday, July 22, 2011

Taylor's skiing trip!


On Wednesday my family+my cousins,
went to Rainbow ski field for the day!
It was very fun.
It took about two and a half hours to get there but it was definitely worth it!
I have only been skiing twice before and once when I was very little, so I am a bit new to it!
We went on the beginners course.
Holding on to the tow rope that pulls you up hurts your hands and it cut through my gloves but it didn't matter!
After I had gotten used to skiing my mum and I went up the poma, though when I got to the top it was much stepper than it looked from the bottom!
At first I was nervous , mum helped me (she is really good at skiing) as soon as I had gone about one meter I fell and tumbled over and over for about two meters down the hill!, mum helped me get up and I just kept on going it was sooooooooooo FUN!
Once I had been down a couple of times mum taught me how to turn and controls the skis properly!
I spent the rest of the day going up and down the poma, its really fun getting pulled up!
Yes I fall over lots but it was mostly on the beginners when I was using the tow rope.
I got better and better as the day went on.

I love skiing and I had a great time, we all did!
the best part was having mum skiing too because she normally wouldn't have joined in , just helped millie and watched us, I know she had fun too!

Next time i want to try snow boarding!!
:)