Friday, July 22, 2011

Sherbets new hutch



Recently My Grandad, my mum, and I made my rabbit Sherbet a garden/hutch in our back yard!
It took us about three days or so to complete!
I am normally not a gardening type but this was actually really fun!

It is roughly six meters long and 2 meters wide, very big for one little rabbit!

First we chose the area and then marked out the size, next we cleared the space.
I was in charge of the rock garden in the center Miki my sister helped me move the rocks (they were very heavy) the agapanthus was already there so we just worked around it, My little sister Millie planted a small tree in there as well!
Then we spread the gravel around, Sherbet is very fluffy and he sometimes gets dags on his feet from the mud so the gravel will hopefully prevent his hutch from getting too wet!

Next we cemented the posts in and attached the chicken wire to the wooden frame.
For the roof we stretched grape netting over the top, we left a corner free so we can get in and out to give Sherbet his food.

This was a very cool project for the holidays and was great fun!
Sherbet loves his new home!


4 comments:

Allanah King said...

He is one lucky rabbit toio have all that space.

Whaea Jane said...

Reckon that's a state of the art rabbit paradise you've built there. Excellent effort, and great that you enjoyed doing it too!

Justin Neal said...

Wish I had a space big enough for one.

Oceanrose xo said...

Ha!
Thanks!
yeah and guess what he sleeps most of the time too!
oh well!
:)