Wednesday, July 13, 2011

West Coast Birthday Treat

I went on the glacier because it was my birthday present from my Mum. It was freezing and there was a mini blizzard with rain, not snow. We went in a tunnel that was large enough to fit a car inside it. About 400 years ago the glacier was 2kms longer than it is now. Walking on the glacier was exciting and fun!

We also did goldpanning and I found some gold at Shantytown. I made a knife at Barrytown which you can check out on my next blog post!

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

3 comments:

The Huxfords said...

Great pictures Luke, looks like you had an awesome holiday.

Mahana Kotuku said...

What a superb birthday treat Luke, it sounds like you had a brilliant time. Your knife is sharp as, great work. Good memories ay!

Mahana Kotuku said...

That is a very exciting animoto. What a great birthday idea! Mr Neal.